How to Get Taller
Society has accustomed us to linking taller men with masculine qualities such as success, ambition and confidence. Taller men often get the girl, the job and the promotion among other rewards. Why? Because height is an indicator of good genes and this helps in the worlds of dating and business where people judge you and make assumptions about you based on how you look and dress. It is not fair, but it is reality. Being taller will help you be more confident, be the leader, and be 'the man'. All the qualities you acquire from simply being taller translate to greater success in job interviews, dating, business, socialising and life in general. Let's look at a relevant study conducted by scientists in Europe. 3,200 men aged 25 to 60 were included in the study, and scientists found a difference between men who had one child, and men who did not have any children. That difference was that the men who had children were an average of 1.2 inches taller than the childless men. Similarly, bachelors were also 1 inch shorter on average than married men. Here's a study you can do yourself: Go to the personals section in the newspaper or browse through a dating site. Notice something interesting about men and height? The only men who advertise their height are the men who are already tall. These men understand what advantages being tall gives you, and they're taking advantage of it. Height is only one of many indicators of good genes, but if you can make it work in your favour, even out the playing field and look good in the process, then why not? How can I look taller? Looking taller comes down to two key areas: Posture and Fashion. Posture Posture is the most important component when considering height increase, because straightening up your posture can make you look better in seconds. That's just straightening yourself up now! Most of us know good posture when we see it, and we are inspired by how free and strong it makes a person look, so make it happen for yourself! Excessive curvatures due to overuse and chronic stress compress the natural length of the spinal column, so straightening these curvatures out by stretching specific muscles and strengthening others is a great way to appear taller. If you allocate some time in your day to do this, it will make an incredible difference in not only how tall you look but will make you appear a great deal more confident to others as well. Get into the habit of doing self-checks throughout your day so you can become more consciously aware of the type of posture you're using. If you have poor posture from overuse such as working a desk job, or poor weight training, the difference in your energy levels will be huge once your posture improves. Fashion And Grooming For Height As men, we all have an ideal physique we'd love to achieve. This varies from guy to guy, but there are some general areas that we can all agree on: We all want to be taller and we all want the "V" (wider shoulders and narrower waist). Below are some fashion and grooming tips - literally from head to toe - to help you achieve a great look:
- If your hair is long enough, this can add inches to your height. Any issue of your local fashion magazine will probably have at least five photos of hairstyles that follow the principle of being tall on the top and short on the sides. This is a double strategy to achieve the illusion of height.
- Wear jackets and coats with shoulder pads can help you achieve the ultra-desirable "V" (as above).
- Wear a coat or jacket that's the perfect length. It should end where the buttocks meet the legs. A poorly fitted jacket is not only a fashion disaster, it has a negative effect on your height image.
- Wear a single coloured outfit, or have colours that blend well together. Once a colour break is introduced, your body becomes visually divided, and that will accentuate your short stature.
- Wear clothes with vertical lines or striping. This is a visual trick both men and women use all the time (especially in television and film), and no one ever realises.
- Legs & Feet:
- Match the colour of your pants and shoes colour to make your legs appear longer. Altitude Shoes come in various colours and shades so these are a perfect complement to any pair of pants you wear.
- Wear shoes with thick soles to add the illusion of height, such as Altitude Shoes.
- Lean beef, chicken, tukey and pork - Perfectly engineered to build and repair human muscle and other tissues involved with growth.
- Fish and fish oil - Fish has the same quality protein as the lean meats mentioned above, but you also get the benefit of the healthy fats found in fish.
- Nuts (as well as olive oil and avocado) - High in monounsaturated fat which is important for testosterone.
- Fruits and vegetables - Packed with fibre, vitamins and minerals. These keep you healthy, fight off cancer and can help you to look younger too.
- Whole grains and beans - Excellent low GI, high fibre source of carbohydrate.
- Low fat dairy - Essential for bone strength.